• Each year, over 375 000 children in Canada are affected by parental incarceration.
• Despite the growing number of these at-risk children, the resources available are nearly non-existent. Without support, children of incarcerated parents have an elevated risk of suffering from mental health issues, dropping out of school and becoming in conflict with the law.
• Fostering, Empowering, Advocating, Together, (FEAT) for Children is the only organization in Canada developed to provide supportive programming tailored to the unique needs of children affected by parental incarceration. Currently, FEAT supports over 1500 families in Ontario through the provision of vital programming.
• FEAT’s bus is integral to supporting children and youth through our After School Program, Peer Mentorship Program and Empowerment Retreats.
• Every weekend, our bus travels with children and their caregivers from Toronto to the federal correctional institutions in Ontario to enable family visits.
• To operate the bus, we rely on our sponsors and donations to provide free transportation for the children we support.
• For the past 5 years, the founder of FEAT for Children, Jessica Reid has walked to support children affected by parental incarceration. In total, Jessica has spread the awareness of the needs of these vulnerable innocent children by walking over 2200 kilometres.
• The aim of the relay is to increase the awareness of the need to support our children across the country and raise funds to provide our vital supportive programs. To increase the magnitude of impact, members of the community are invited to register teams to walk a leg.
• Jessica will walk the 54 kilometers from Toronto to Hamilton with ankle weights to symbolize the weight our children carry from the trauma, loss, isolation, and stigma associated with experiencing parental incarceration .
• To learn more about Feet for FEAT, how to register a team or become a sponsor, please contact Jessica Reid by phone @647-627-1171 or via email at email@example.com
All donations will automatically receive a tax receipt.
For only $25 – you can help a child visit their parent who are longing to see through our Family Visitation Program.
$100 – You can support a child in our Peer Mentorship Program for one month! Each week, children receive help with homework from trained mentors, engage in sports, arts and mentoring activities and participate in educational excursions (e.g., trips to the zoo!).
$250 – You can enable one child to receive vital support and create memories for a lifetime with others who share similar journeys in our four day Empowerment Retreats. Our retreats provide children with the opportunity to experience the healing properties of the natural environment, participate in a variety of team-building and empowering activities (e.g., canoeing, rock climbing, fishing, horseback riding) and learn healthy coping strategies.
To inquire about Corporate Sponsorships, please contact Derek Reid at 416 505 5333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In a few simple steps, you can join the journey to make a difference for the innocent children left behind.
Create a team!
Register a team by contacting Jessica Reid at email@example.com or in person to FEAT’s Office at 215 Horner Ave., Toronto, Ontario, M8W 2B2.
Raise a minimum of $100 per team to support the delivery of vital programs for at-risk children. Pledges can be collected until the end of the event on Saturday, October 19, 2019.
Share your journey and use the hashtags #KilometresforKIP #Walkingtomakeadifference #JointheJourney #KIPLivesMatter to support children affected by parental incarceration!
Together we can build brighter futures — one step at a time!
Together we can help to build brighter futures for the innocent children left behind.
Pledges are based upon participation, not kilometres. Tax receipts will be issued for all donations. Sponsor names, addresses and postal codes are required in order to receive a tax receipt. For those who would like a tax receipt, please make cheques to the FEAT for Children. 100% of the funds raised will go directly to provide supportive programming for children affected by parental incarceration who face multiple barriers to success.
For more information on Feet for FEAT and how to join the journey, please call (416)505-5333
With the help of compassionate Canadians, we can make a difference in the lives of some of the most at-risk children in our country.